Thursday, June 15, 2006

Regularly... you know, every six months or so...

So I've been posting every six months or so. Not good. I'll try to be better. And now that I'm done with the first year of law school, maybe it will be with a little more frequency.

Now that I've finished Dad's sweater-vest, I get to work on the shawl my mother wants for the holidays in September. I thought I would be able to start it Tuesday night when I got home, but I left one ball of yarn at her house, and the shawl is created by knitting with two strands at the same time.

I find that all I want to do is pet the yarn. It is by far the most expensive yarn with which I have ever worked ($18 a ball for I don't even know how much) so I'm a little afraid to start it. The shawl is gorgeous, with beads and lacework and everything. Mostly, I find, I just very much enjoy petting the yarn. I hope it is still as soft when I am done.

I got the yarn (and the pattern) at Knitting Nation in Nyack. Jane and Joanna are FABULOUS. They are so kind and they run their knitting store the way it should be run. The space is open and light and welcoming. The selection is large and soft. The help is ever-available, and the conversation is plentiful. I intend to go back as much as I can.

No comments: