Monday, June 12, 2006

Father's Day, Two Years in the Making

This weekend, I finished a sweater vest for my Dad for Father's Day. It only took me two years. He was supposed to get it last year for Father's Day, but then I wasn't finished, and, well, then I went to law school. For quite some time, it sat in a bag in my bedroom, OTK and unfinished. The better part of a year, at least. But then I found Knitting Nation in Nyack, and they're fabulous. I went in with questions, and happened to catch Joanna the day before a finishing class. So I signed up, came back on Saturday and had great 2 on 1 instruction with Etta. I was so scared to finish it, but now, it's done. A picture will follow soon. Tres exciting. And it inspires me to create more, take more classes, and work on other projects. I may just tackle something with sleeves this summer...

No comments: